We are sorry to be missing Pedal on Parliament at Holyrood, we should be over the Rockies and in Flagstaff that day. We wish POP2 every success for 2013. Please attend if you can, there’s no excuse to be complacent. Since POP the Cross Party Parliamentary Group on Cycling has formed at Holyrood and this has begun to be a useful and influential voice for cyclists.
Background: Last year 3000 cyclists, young and old, pedalled on the Scottish Parliament to call for safer cycling for everyone. Despite plenty of warm words from politicians since then, nothing fundamental has changed so ts happening again. .Please support POP2 to add your voice in support of our eight-point manifesto for a cycle-friendly Scotland. Gather at the Meadows in Edinburgh on Sunday 19th of May 2013 (note new date). What POP still wants:
- Proper funding for cycling.
- Design cycling into Scotland’s roads.
- Slower speeds where people live, work and play
- Integrate cycling into local transport strategies
- Improved road traffic law and enforcement
- Reduce the risk of HGVs to cyclists and pedestrians
- A strategic and joined-up programme of road user training
- Improved statistics supporting decision-making and policy